So I’ve shared with you the best ever gift to give to kids when attending a birthday party but I’d say this Lightsaber Popsicle Cozy is up there on my list because it’s so darn cute.
My son was recently invited to one of his best buds birthday party but it wasn’t just any ol’ party it was a Star Wars party. My boys made these for each other as Christmas Stocking stuffers, that’s one of our fun traditions that I love. My kids made me a scarf with the help of their daddy. I was so impressed.
So, my plan was to have my son make this for his friend but he ran an errand with his daddy and it took FOREVER so I had to make it. It’s really simple to make and the birthday child will LOVE it!
My kids made a no-sew version when they made them for each other at Christmas but below I’m sharing my super easy sew version. It’s simple, practical and the kids love the idea of having a light saber pocket for their popsicle. They’re so easy that you can make a bunch of them as party favors for your next Star Wars theme party.
We made this and bought a box of popsicles for his friend to use and put some money inside his light saber so he can buy something for himself later.
Lightsaber Popsicle Cozy
- felt -gray, red and black
- fabric glue
- sewing machine or needle and thread
1. You’ll need to cut your gray felt into a long rectangle shape the size of your popsicles. They just started making the popsicles here really thick so I made our light saber a bit wider.
2. Then fold your rectangle in half and glue on your black and red felt pieces on top to create the light saber details. I glued mine but you can also sew those in place.
3. Now sew down the sides but leaving the top opened for the popsicle to go in.
My kids use their all the time because they can’t handle the freezing cold popsicles on their bare skin.