This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Farmland® and Latina Bloggers Connect.
So to be completely honest, I don’t watch the game. I go to Game Day events to eat and socialize. I usually hangout in the dining room around the food table and just chat the night away.
Here’s a hearty and scrumptious appetizer to share at your game day party!
Game Day: Mini Black Bean Quinoa and Bacon Burgers
- 2 cans of black beans, drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 a medium-sized onion
- handful of spinach
- 1.5 tbl cumin
- 1tbl chile ancho seasoning
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1/2 cp quinoa cooked
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cp ground flaxseed
- 3 slices of bacon (Farmland®)
- optional cheddar cheese
1. Roast your onions, garlic and red bell pepper. You can skip this step but I highly recommend it!
2. Place the roasted veggies in the blender along with the drained beans and lime juice.
3. In a large bowl add the blended mixture in with the flaxseed, quinoa, spinach, egg, cumin and chile ancho seasoning.
4. Shape your patties and bake in the oven at 400 for 10-15 minutes on each side.
4. Prepare your Farmland® bacon and top your burger with bacon and cheese. I like to place my cheese over my burgers while they are hot so it can melt.
5. Place this in between mini wheat buns or you can enjoy it without bread or as an opened face burger.
Enjoy your burger with a side of sweet potato fries, I shared the recipe here on our blog. If you’re making these for a game day party or gathering it would be fun to put the sweet potato fries in a small clear cup next to the mini burgers. That was my plan until I discovered that our sweet potatoes had gone bad. I hate when food goes bad, it makes me feel so wasteful, especially when I could’ve prevented it.
If you haven’t tried Farmland® bacon before here’s some information that will entice you:
- Farmland® bacon is slow smoked over real hardwoods for maximum flavor. For decades, Farmland® has taken pride in perfecting their curing and smoking technique –a difference you’ll taste in every delicious bite.
- New Farmland® Homestyle Sausage is gluten free with no MSG; full of the delicious all natural flavor you crave to start your day. Discover all our breakfast sausages.