This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
I love chipotle chiles! They give any recipe a smoky flavor that’s irresistible. If you haven’t tried a meal with chipotle chiles in it, I highly recommend it. One of my favorite brands is La Morena and I love how it let’s me incorporate the true taste of Mexico into my non-Mexican recipes. The aroma of the chipotle chiles reminds me of my mom’s kitchen.
My mom made her own sauce she would cook the chiles, de-seed them and then blend them leaving this amazing aroma in the kitchen of garlic, cilantro and chiles. I can have the scent and the flavor without all the work by peeling open a can of La Morena Chipotle Chiles.
Looking for a yummy and healthy vegetarian recipes, I’ve got this easy and delicious one for you.
Creamy Chipotle Pasta Salad
- 1 package of Bow Tie Pasta cooked (quinoa pasta preferably)
- 2-3 La Morena chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (the more you add the spicier it is)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste or 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl mix together your olive oil, greek yogurt, garlic paste and chipotle peppers to make your creamy sauce.
2. Place your cooked pasta in a large bowl and add corn, beans and diced tomatoes and mix.
3. Top with avocados, cheese and cilantro and enjoy!
If you need some added protein add a cup of cooked quinoa to the mix.
My parents were business owners so I have a soft spot for family owned businesses. So, if you have a hard time finding authentic Mexican food items, I highly recommend La Michoacana Meat Market. I remember when they first came to my neighborhood when I was little, it was a small little family owned store. Now it’s grown so much with stores all over Texas.
More great recipes:
Panzanella Tuscan Salad
Family Night: Sushi Making Dinner – This was such a fun activity our whole family enjoyed from our toddler to our tween.
Amazing Breakfast Cake – Yup, cake for breakfast!!! Healthy and delicious!
Our favorite parenting post: