You’re not going to believe the secret ingredient in this healthy alfredo sauce? It’s oh so good!
I’ve been trying to make better eating choices but the temptation of thick creamy sauce over a bed of noodles cravings, makes it hard. I love pasta and I love all things creamy sauciness! But needless to say, this kind of eating doesn’t jive with my “eating better” plan, until now!
So, I discovered this amazing alfredo sauce recipe that’s much healthier and with some whole wheat noodles, I’m good to go. Nothing like enjoying my favorite comfort foods, guilt-free!
Skinny Alfredo Sauce
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups of chicken broth (I did 2.5 of chicken broth and 2.5 of water)
- 1/2 cup of milk (skim, whole or heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked whole wheat Barilla® Spaghetti (You can find Barilla® products at your local Walmart.)
1. In a pot boil your cauliflower in your chicken broth for about 10 min. or until it’s tender.
2. Place the cauliflower in your blender or food processor with 1 cup of broth. You’ll have to do this in batches. Set aside.
3. Place your butter and garlic in your pot and sautee then add to one of your cauliflower batches.
4. Pour your alfredo cauliflower sauce to pot and then add your milk. Remember if you want to keep it healthy stick with light milk option.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Serve warm over your whole wheat noodles.
If you’re looking for more great pasta recipes you can go here, there are lots of yummy ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla. The opinions and text are all mine.