I was craving something naughty but I wasn’t prepared to completely commit and splurge.
I’m very familiar with the after thoughts of feeling guilty for the remainder of the day. Well, actually I’ve gotten better about enjoying food and sweets in small portions and making healthy choices. But now with there being a scale in my house, it’s a constant reminder to watch what goes in my mouth. Though I’ve committed not to getting on it until at least 15 days have gone by from the last time I was on it.
So, back to my yummy recipes! I began experimenting with the ingredients we have at home and this is what I came up with.
These mini pies are creamy and not so overly sugary, it’s the perfect amount of splurge I wanted to commit to and they were delicious. I think next time I’m going to make them in small candy molds like I did for these Pomegranate Tarts which I also highly recommend for those sugar cravings!
Mini Reece’s Pieces Pies
(makes 4-5 mini pies in tart pans or you can use small candy molds and make 10)
- 3/4 cups peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 coconut oil melted
- 10-15 cookies gluten free & sugar free chocolate cookies (mine were mini cookies so I needed to use this many)
- dark chocolate 70% or more
- optional-Reece’s Pieces mini
- In a bowl mix your room temperature cream cheese and peanut butter until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Then add your maple syrup to the mix. If it’s still not sweet to your liking then add more. Also feel free to use other sweeteners but this is the one I tested out.
- Then add 1/3 cup of coconut oil to the mix. Mix all of these ingredients together and set aside.
- Place your cookies in a baggie and crush them until there crumbs. Add the rest of the coconut oil to the cookie crumbs and mix in the bag.
- Place your dark chocolate and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds or until melted.
- Now press your cookie crumb mix into your mini tart pans and drizzle the melted chocolate over it. Freeze for a minute.
- Then add the creamy peanut butter mixture on top of the chilled cookie crumb mix.
- Drizzle more chocolate over it and if you’d like add a few mini Reece’s Pieces to the top or leave as is. Place back in fridge for a few minutes and enjoy cold.