Rice Krispie treats are one of my favorite ways to make a simple dessert–fun! We’ve made watermelon shaped, ice cream cone shaped, soccer ball shaped and I just realize I don’t have a simple traditional recipe.
Rice Krispie Treats
ingredients: (makes a 9×15 pan) traditional recipe
- 30 normal size marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups of rice krispie cereal or rice cereal
1. Place the marshmallows and butter in a microwave bowl.
2. For a minute place in your microwave. Check it to see if the butter and marshmallows have melted. It will get puffy in the microwave so make sure you keep an eye on it. If you need to put it in more time do it in 30 second increments.
3. Then pour your rice cereal in it. Mix it up really good so that all of your cereal is coated in the marshmallow cream.
4. Now place it in your greased or wax paper lined cookie sheet. You can make them as fat or thin as you want so if you want them thick use a smaller cookie sheet.
5. Flatten it out on your pan and then let it solidfy in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
6. Cut and enjoy!