I’ve been told that here in our neck of the woods the fall season doesn’t exist. Though there is truth to this, in my own way I disagree. Maybe it’s my love for all things fall and my imagination going wild, but I can feel the change from summer to fall in my soul. This morning I woke up and I could smell autumn in the morning dew and cold crisp breeze, it was simply magical.
Fall is my favorite time of the year, maybe because my birthday falls in November or the sunburnt leaves crunching under my feet remind me of my childhood or because it brings order back with the school year. Regardless, I hope these 12 Fall Family Dates help you enjoy and explore the fall season!
12 Fall Family Dates
1. Jump in a big pile of leaves. I shared here that bubbles make me giggle like a child in the summer and jumping in a big pile of leaves is what does it in the fall. Volunteer to rake your neighbors leaves together, then jump in them and rake them up again.
2. Explore a scenic trail on wheels–bike, scooters, strollers, roller blades…
3. Grab a blanket and enjoy a bonfire with of course, s’mores.
4. Make an apple or pumpkin pie together. Cooking with kids can be so much fun just remember to be patient and let them pitch in.
5. Go to a Fall Outdoor Concert– One of my favorite things to enjoy are outdoor concerts but then add free and fall to it and I’m in love! Don’t forget to pick up some apple cider or hot chocolate or better yet bring it in your thermostat.
6. Fly a kite!
7. Go hiking and enjoy one of these nature activities.
8. Make a pot of chili and enjoy a game night with another family.
9. Go on a gratitude hike.
10. Go stargazing.
11. Make caramel apples. If you want to take this to another level–set out an caramel apple bar with lots of toppings to choose from.
12. Make a thankful tree together.
Okay, so I have a few more.
13. Snuggle in a blanket around the fire and read a book out loud. This is another of my favorite things to do. Instead of having dinner at the table we move down to the living room and my husband starts a fire. After we’re done eating we get comfy and read a book out loud.
14. Drive around town and enjoy the amazing colors.
15. Roast pumpkin seeds.
If you have kiddos you know back to school can definitely put a little dent in your wallet. Here’s an awesome giveaway we’re doing to put some of the cash back into your pocket. You can enter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Feel free to add your Fall activities here: