What happened when I put eggs in a waffle iron?
I got a Fraffle!
This is my version of a frittata and a waffle all in one! Plus it’s gluten-free and in my opinion healthy! 🙂 I wasn’t sure what was going to happen but it was super easy and it was yummy!
Eggs Meet Waffle Maker–Fraffle!
This recipe made 12 Fraffles
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional)
- salt & pepper
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar
Mix in: onions, peppers, shredded zucchini, bacon, sausage, spinach, ham… the possibilities are endless
- Turn your waffle iron on and let it preheat.
- In a large bowl with a spout, mix in the above ingredient first. Then add your “mix ins”.
- Then pour into waffle maker. Our waffle maker isn’t very deep so this fraffle wasn’t very thick.
Our waffle maker lets us know when it’s ready so I just watch that but it’s around three minutes. Top with bacon pieces and cheese and your set!