Every time they’d see a dog they looked up at me with those big brown eyes that danced at the thought of owning a dog, and slowly I gave into it. It simply just got harder to ignore. I also, didn’t want to be the bad guy and be remembered as the parent who denied them of the joy that comes with have a furry bff.
So finally, after years of adamantly saying “no,” I succumbed. We decided to adopt a dog from a shelter and we came home with this adorable mixed breed, Milly.
I may not be in the category of “dog lover”, but I love our Milly.
We love our Milly!
Actually, I think I am now in the “dog lovers” category!
Milly was adopted from a dog shelter.It was the best choice we ever made for our boys, they’ve learned responsibility, how to care for someone other than themselves and best of all they’ve a friend for life.
Here are the rest of the Hernandez Family pets!
I have a funny story, my kids just couldn’t get enough of their new best friend when she first arrived so they wanted her to do everything with them. Play Legos, take naps with them, watch television and read books with them and even eat dinner with them. One evening, when my preschooler was younger he decided that he would join her dinner feast. I had no idea what was taking place until I found him happily sitting next to her and sharing her meal. He decided he wanted a taste of the yumminess our dog was chomping down on. He looked at me with a smirk and said, “Milly a good sharer.” Apparently, it was good because he was going for seconds, luckily I was there to but an end to that lovely dinner party. Our dogs are always super excited about dinner but how can they not be when they have Beneful–Healthy with a side of Happy.
8 Best Reasons Why Your Kid Needs a Dog
1. They always have a loyal friend in them.
2. They learn responsibility.
3. They encourage your family to be active as you take them out on their daily walk, play and chase them.
4. They always have someone to cuddle with, dogs love to cuddle for the most part.
5. They’re always happy to see you.
6. They protect your child and alert you of any intruders nearby your home.
7. They’ll always have someone to practice their reading with when you’re not available.
8. Some dogs can reduce anxiety and offer comfort to your kid.
Make your child’s day and get them a dog!
More about Beneful–Healthy with a side of Happy:
- Help your adult dog maintain a healthy weight and still get excited for mealtime with this calorie-smart recipe. Give him 100% of the nutrients he needs, all in a mix of tender and crunchy bites. It’s everyday healthy and all kinds of yum.
- with real chicken, accented with apples, carrots, and green beans
Beneful dog food brings your best buddy tons of tastes & textures to nourish both inside & out. For more information, please visit beneful.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Purina. The opinions and text are all mine.