I don’t know how many times I have to tell my boys not to use potty words. So this recipe was definitely a favorite because they were able to use a potty word without getting in “trouble”. So I heard things like:
I love poop!
Can I have more poop?
This poop is squishy!
This poop is delicious!
Oh the joys of having boys! So I couldn’t help myself and I wrote “Healthy Poop” in my picture above. They would be proud!
Healthy Christmas Snack: Reindeer Poop
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 dark chocolate 72% chocolate bar
- 1/2 natural peanut butter
- 1/3-1/2 cup honey (you can decide how sweet you want it)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions can be found here for our chocolate peanut butter bars which is the recipe above. Or you can use this recipe here which I’ve also used but it’s not healthy. It’s perfect though if you’re making a huge batch of it for a crowd and don’t want to use all of your coconut oil which is something I would totally do since coconut oil is really expensive here.
1. Place your coconut oil, honey, pb and chocolate bar in a large microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at a time until it’s melted. Make sure you move it around, every time you check it.
Place the remaining ingredients: oats, vanilla and peanuts. Mix well. Then drop small balls of them onto wax paper–at least 2 hours. You can shape them a bit more after 30 minutes or when they’ve solidified a bit more.
You can download your FREE Reindeer Poop labels here: reindeer poop
Share with your child’s classroom or for your party gathering! My kids just had it as a special after school snack.