This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LimpiaTotal #CollectiveBias
In our casa, it’s important that our children are a part of the cleaning and up keeping of our home. It gives them responsibility and helps them feel like a part of the team. I have shared a little bit about instilling work ethic and responsibility in our children at a young age on our blog. Having a strong work ethic is a part of one of the many Hispanic cultural values passed on to me by my familia, and it’s something that I definitely want to pass down to my boys. Especially, my boys I recently wrote how I feel about my boys cleaning–they are fully capable.
I still remember grumbling as a child because I had to do my chores but my parents stood strong by this rule that we all contributed to the up keep of our home. It’s funny though because we really thought that we were doing all the cleaning when my parents made us wash the bathrooms and clean our room. But now that I have a whole house to clean I have realized that cleaning the bathroom and making my bed is not cleaning the whole house.
So our boys have helped in some form or fashion with cleaning since they were 4 years old. We give them chores to do that they can accomplish based on their age and ability. Here are some great cleaning hacks that your kids can do!
These cleaning hacks are easy and help keep the house clean all week! The kids can pull out a wipe at any moment throughout the week and quickly wipe down the sink or counters.
Cleaning Hacks Your Kids Can Do
I always recommend using gloves when handling cleaners especially if kids are using them.
1. Bathroom – Keep a dish scrubber in the bathroom. Fill it up with Pinesol and let them use it to wash the bathroom sink and tub. via MeaningfulMama
2. Kitchen Counters – Keep cleaning wipes like Clorox Disinfectant Wipes on kitchen counters so that they can immediately clean up their mess. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes kills 99.9% of household bacteria in your home. So they are perfect for those kitchen counters. You can also place one of these tubs of wipes near your bathroom sink. Our boy’s bathroom sink is blue so whenever they brush their teeth the residue leaves a white stain all over the blue sink. So, it definitely helps to have something like this nearby so after they brush they can regularly wipe down the sink.
3. Baseboards and ceiling fans- Use a rubber band to keep your Clorox Disinfectant wipe steady at the end of your mop with a flat head kind of like a Swiffer and have your kids use this to clean baseboards and ceiling fans. image via Squawkfox
4. Toilet- Fill a spray bottle a 2 tablespoons of Clorox bleach (now they have lavender scent) and fill the rest with water or if your kids are younger just use Pinesol which is also a great disinfectant. Pine-Sol Lavender cleans and deodorizes, leaving fresh, clean scent. When it’s time to clean the toilet they just spray directly into the toilet and with a toilet brush they scrub.
5. Grout cleaner- Fill a glue or condiment bottle with a mixture of 5 tbl Clorox bleach, 5 tbl cornstarch and 1 cup of water. Place in a small pot and heat and stir until it thickens. Once it’s cool place in your condiment bottle and use. Have your child (preferably a responsible child) run the squeeze bottle around the grout and then mop over it as usual.
For more information on these cleaners go here and you can find them at your local Walmart. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes Lavender, Clorox Liquid Bleach and Pine-Sol Lavender work together to clean, disinfect and aromatize our home!