We simply don’t have the luxury of playing nice with prayer. Not if we want things to change. Not if we want to be free–from whatever’s keeping us held down and held back. Not if we want our hearts whole and thriving and deep and grounded…different. Not if we want to reach our destinies and experience God’s promises. Not if we want our husbands and children living out what God has called them to do and be and become. Not if we want a fence of God’s protection around us. Not if we want to bear the unmistakeable mark of His favor upon us. Not if we want the devil and his plans to go back to the hell where they came from. But none of that is going to happen–no matter how badly we may want it–as long as prayer reminds an afterthought, a formality, a mindless mix of duty and manipulation, something we but usually don’t do…”
Let’s pray ladies! Let’s put on our boxing gloves and stop fighting like little girls.
With prayer in mind I made this DIY Verse of the Week Holder that I keep in my dining room. It’s on display on my desk shelf and I change it up each week or at least I try. We spend a lot of time in the dining room since it is also serves as “my office” (I share here about my “office“), homeschool room, prayer and deco room. I look over at it throughout the day and I’m reminded to pray this verse for my husband, children and myself.
DIY Verse of the Week Holder
- block of wood
- scrapbooking paper
- craft glue
- washi tape
1. Take your block of wood whatever size you wish, mine is about 7X2.5 inches and sand it.
2. Then cover and glue the wood with your favorite piece of fun scrapbooking paper. I went with a basic color and pattern for my paper since I knew that I would want it to blend with my decor in the dining room.
3. Glue the clip. I used a mini wooden clothes pin for mine.
4. If you’d like add washi tape to it. Let glue dry and enjoy!
Clip your Scripture verse to the top and place somewhere you can see it throughout the day. Free Printable Scripture Cards below.
FREE Printable Scripture Cards!
These beautiful cards are a labor of love made by Rea from Doing What I Love!. There are 2 sets of printables with 4 scripture cards on each page for a total of 8 scripture cards!
- Download the free printable. You’ll get the printable, plus join my weekly newsletter! Just click here to download and subscribe.
- Print. Any paper will do the trick, but card stock would be ideal.
Set of 8 Scripture cards to get you through the day! Sometimes as women and moms we are faced with daily struggles, temptations… these verses remind us to reset our mind and not get bogged down on the issue at hand!
My favorite hobby I’ve been trying to be intentional about this year: Scripture Art