Fashioned from a long tradition the Piñata has evolved since they were first used by the Aztec Indians in their celebrations to their gods. The festive piñata continues to enchant parties throughout the world.
This is one of the many songs that are traditionally sang when hitting the piñata:
Dale, dale, dale, no perdas el tino,
porque si lo perdes, pierdes el camino. ”
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or not, these Piñata ideas are so fun and festive and add a little flair to your party or gathering.
8 Creative Ways to Make a Piñata
1. Water Balloon Piñata – You can find the fun idea over here.
2. DIY Mini Piñata – This was super easy and lots of fun to make. Get the tutorial here.
3. Pull Piñata – find my pictures
4. Piñata cake – Isn’t this just genious! I love everything about this cake. You can find the recipe here.
5. Piñata cookies – These cookies were for a wedding in Mexico. So fun! ~via Whipped Bakery blog
6. Confetti eggs are so fun and easy to make. You can use these to celebrate instead of a piñata. Get the details here.
7. Origami Piñata – You can make this piñata with just using paper! Get the step by step tutorial here.
8. Paper bag Piñata – See the video below for the tutorial
What I love about traditions is they remind us that we are a part of something bigger than ourselves and that we are a part of a multicultural world. The tradition of the Piñata can be transformed to fit our style, gathering and even another culture.