This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SienteGlade #CollectiveBias
In our culture family is important.
The “familia” is of utter importance.
My parents made great sacrifices for us kids because of the strong family values and culture they grew up with–passion and boldness. Because our family is of such great value it’s important that we raise them in an environment where there is love.
When I was a kid my parents would kiss in front of us, (they did this often) and I would yell, “EWWWWW” at the top of my lungs. But you know what those displays of affections gave us–a sense of security. The picture below is of my mom and dad holding hands in their old age.
Our love for each other gives our kids security. I recently read this quote by Family Life,
We have a generation of children today who desperately need to look into the eyes of Mom and Dad and see two people deeply in love with each other, committed to one another. Make the marriage they see in you the same type of relationship they’ll want one day for themselves.”
From a counseling perspective, I am fascinated by the ins and outs of relationships. I’ve noticed how taking a simple interest in some one and connecting with them helps ignite a “chispa” a spark in ones relationship. Try it for a week and see what happens. You don’t have to get fancy to set the mood and feel bright in your relationship. We like setting the mood with Glade® Radiant Berries™ Candles and connecting in our living room while the kids are in bed.
Your marriage doesn’t have to be at the point of divorce in order for you to find way to rekindle your love, it can just be going through a slow winter season and it just needs a little warmth to get it going again.
In relationship with our spouse, the time spent and connections made, are not in vain. They strengthen your bond and help heal the little scars that have come along the way and created a distance between the both of you.
I don’t know what stage of life you are in in your marriage but I encourage you to take small steps to bring some brightness into your marriage and rekindle that romance and bond you have together. We as women can woo our men back to us with kindness, connection and grace.
Let’s be bold.
I get it you’re tired. You have kids to tend to and care for. I know you’re exhausted and you have no time for romance. I know what it’s like not to have time but maybe you need to start saying “no” to other commitments so you can start saying “yes” to those things that matter the most–your spouse, your family.
I hope these ideas inspire you to take small steps towards your spouse and add a spark of romance into your marriage. It doesn’t have to be anything big, but these playful ideas I share below help spark a romantic energy that we all need. Yes, even you.
Just ask yourself, If your children were asked to describe your relationship, what would they say?
Is that motivating enough to get you moving towards rekindling that romance and love between the both of you.
25 Ways to Show You Love Him
Most of these ideas are free and they go a long way to fill up our love tank!
- When you or he comes through the door–don’t complain, don’t update on the latest traffic jam, don’t update him on the latest sibling squabble, put the spoon down and step away from the stove or your computer and look him in the eye and embrace. Just hug for 2 minutes. Don’t be tempted to mutter some update about how horrible your day was just embrace.
- Every day have a Take 10. In those 10 minutes connect and ask questions. Take a keen interest in his work, his hobby, his… Men love to talk about something they love and are knowledgeable in. Maybe it doesn’t interest you to hear about the ins and outs of computer technology but for those 20 minutes try to understand his world and take a real interest in them even if you could care less about drives and bytes.
- Drop off his favorite drink at work. If he’s not around then just leave a note with it that says, “Thinking about you.”
- Make his favorite meal. Have you heard the saying, “A way into a man’s heart is through his stomach.”?
- Send him a text message that says how much you love him but resist the urge to adding a task to it. For instance, “Just wanted to say, I’m thinking about you! Oh, can you also pick up some bread on your way home.”
- Build him up. Encourage him verbally when he’s having a rough day or his eyes tell you that he stressed and exhausted.
- Do whatever chore he’s responsible for and give him a break.
- Lean in. When you hug, lean in.
- Pray for him and let him now that you are doing so.
- Declare it “His Day” and do whatever he wants to do for that day.
- Rub his back before you sit down for dinner.
- Compliment him.
- Let him pick the movie and watch it with him.
- Set up a romantic night in and light some candles that evoke boldness and passion like Glade® Radiant Berries™ candles.
- Speak words of admiration to others about him.
- Make him his favorite dessert.
- Leave him a love note in his lunch, on the bathroom mirror or on the dashboard of the car.
- Don’t complain about a single thing to him for a whole day.
- Laugh together.
- Go on a date and you plan it.
- When you wake up in the morning cuddle and kiss him.
- Just keep him company without needing to talk about something.
- Tell him three reasons why you’re proud of him.
- Get his car washed.
- Ask him about his dreams or aspirations.
Stop by your local Walmart and picked up our new favorite bright and bold Glade® products! You can also follow Glade® brand updates on Twitter and like Glade® on Facebook to get more ideas on adding brightness to your home.