Here I am again putting together some last minute Father’s Day gifts for my husband. My son is currently outside cutting some wood with his saw to make something for his dad. Not sure what it is but I’m sure it will be special!
We worked all afternoon on our Handprint Tie. I can’t wait to show you how that turned out. Lastly, we’ll give him a Father’s Day Coupon Book with special things on it like, a massage, no washing dishes night… All simple gift ideas but meaningful.
Well, the popcorn kit is not that meaningful other than it’s one of our family traditions, thanks to my son who always request a “movie party”. You may notice the shaker bottles from three years ago when we first used them to make a DIY Grilling Gift Idea with meat rubs for Father’s day, you can find the details HERE on that gift idea.
Father’s Day Gift: Popcorn Kit & Recipes
Popcorn Seasoning Recipes:
These are the 4 Flavors we put together:
- Mexican Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of kosher sea salt that’s been grated
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Once the popcorn is made top it with fresh basil and chopped sundried tomato
- Ranch dry seasoning pack
- 2-3 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt grated
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- For all of these seasoning recipes, you need to combine the ingredients and place them in small shaker containers or jars. To prepare, make a batch of plain popcorn. Drizzle with melted butter or olive oil and sprinkle with desired seasoning. I like to use the butter flavor spray because it spreads over evenly and then I immediately add the seasoning so it will stick and not end up at the bottom of the bowl.
You’ll need to print out these labels here or make your own, for your seasoning jars.
It’s a practical gift and it will get used lots. If you don’t watch movies very much you can start a tradition of hanging out and having a movie night with your spouse and/or your kids. I’ll share with you in the next week our favorite family movies.