Sharing food with friends, family and even strangers is something our whole family enjoys doing. I love potlucks but sometimes the food options are not always healthy so I have been trying to take a nutritious dish to these types of gatherings. Recently we’ve been going to quite a few so I’ve been known to take these two dishes quite often because they are so easy to whip up, the Strawberry Bruschetta and Spiraled Greek Salad (recipe below). Thy are not only healthy but quite the crowd pleasers.
This is also my go to meal for picnics. I just grab some pita bread and add turkey to the salad and we are set! Speaking of meat you can easily add chicken to this salad and you’ve got yourself a delicious meal.
Spiraled Greek Salad
- 2 cucumbers spiraled but diced is fine
- 1 zucchini spiraled
- 4 tomatoes, diced or sliced
- ½ of a red onion, diced or sliced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Black olives, pitted and sliced (to taste)