I’m really bad at making Christmas cards, sending Christmas cards and even when everything is ready to go they still don’t make it out in time. Can anyone else relate? Here’s a Simple and Cute Kid Handmade Christmas Card:Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.
You can use this Christmas card to give to any person but my kids made it for their teachers so the note says, “Thanks for making my year so BRIGHT! You know for Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.
My 5 year old and my 9 year old made these with me and they really enjoyed it so I would recommend this as a great craft for preschool and Kindergarten kids as well as upper elementary. My little guy practiced his shapes since the whole card was made from simple shapes.
Simple and Cute Kid Handmade Christmas Card: Rudolph the Reindeer
- brown, tan, red, and white construction paper
- brown card either handmade cut from card stock or store bought
- Cut out the following shapes, a tan oval, a red circle, white half ovals and brown strips.
- Now first glue the white half ovals on the upper part of the card this will be the eyes.
- Then place the tan oval over a small part of the white ovals. This will be the nose.
- Now glue the red circle on top of the oval for the red nose.
- Then use the brown strips for the antlers.
The inside of the card says, “Merry Christmas”. One of my boys preferred that I write the note but my youngest really wanted to make the whole card himself and another of my boys wanted to copy my pretty writing and he did a great job with it.
Here’s a video tutorial of us working on our cards.