It’s that time of the year where we are eating nonstop sweets and treats so I came up with this The Perfect Healthy Cheesy Fauxtato Egg Casserole that is guilt free and healthy.
So I’ve served this egg casserole various times to guest and everyone raves about how good it is and I must say I agree. It’s simple, it’s healthy and it’s delicious!
Around this time of the year we are looking for Christmas breakfast casseroles and this is the perfect brunch or breakfast dish to take to your gathering or serve to your family on Christmas morning!
For those of you who follow the Trim & Healthy Mama Plan this egg casserole is perfect for your brunch or breakfast meal just don’t have too many servings of it. Those of you who don’t follow the plan just remember that it’s not good to mix high fat with lots of carbs so you don’t gain weight. This casserole is low on carbs for that reason. I don’t eat it with bread or high sugar fruit so that my GI doesn’t go up.
Cheesy Fauxtato Egg Casserole
serves about 12
- 8 eggs
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 4 strips of bacon chopped
- spinach chopped
- 1/2 small onion diced or onion seasoning
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth or water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper & salt to taste
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until it’s set. I use a 15X9 casserole dish or you can use 2 small ones.
1. Place your cauliflower in a food processor until it’s all chopped up or chop it up on your cutting board. I usually do that because I hate washing tons of dishes after a meal.
2. I usually bake my bacon while I chop up the cauliflower. I use the same casserole dish so I can use that grease for the dish. Drain some of it out so it’s not really greasy just greased so the egg bake won’t stick to it. Then add your chopped cauliflower.
3. Mix eggs, heavy cream, broth and cheese in a bowl and pour into your casserole dish over the cauliflower.
4. Then add all the rest of your ingredients.
Note: There’s not a lot of flavor in cauliflower so you’ll need to add salt to make the flavors in the casserole pop out! Also, if you want to keep it simple ignore this part. Some days when I have time I’ll sauté my onions & red peppers first, this adds a more intensified taste. Either way it’s good but this step gives it a bold flavor.