This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlantBasedGoodness #CollectiveBias It’s that time of the year again so I’m sharing my best tricks for a Smooth Back to School Morning Routine!
My husband is an educator, all of our kids are in school and I’m back in school this fall finishing up a course. So having a good routine is the only way we survive in the mornings with so many schedules.
I don’t know how my mami did the whole morning thing when we were younger but some how she managed to wrangle all 3 of us kids, dressed, fed and blessed and prayed for all in time for school. Here’s the amazing thing, she pretty much did it all by herself. She’s pretty awesome!
As a kid one thing I remember her always doing was kissing and praying for us before we walked out the door. She would cup our faces with her soft warm hands and kiss us. She still does this!
So here are my 5 best tricks for getting back into that dreaded morning routine we all hate including the adults. I have used these for years now and they work wonderfully. Try out some of these tips and adapt what works and tweak it so it fits your family.
5 Best Tricks for a Smooth Back to School Morning Routine
- Learn to delegate. Moms you do not have to do it all! A few years ago I realized I was doing everything that involved getting our kids out the door so I started delegating some tasks to the family. This made a world of a difference for me. I realized I was stressed out in the morning which made me more vulnerable to snapping at my kids and I didn’t want that for them or myself. I like for them to leave with a sense of love and peace.
- Have the kids prepare their lunches the night before. You’ll be amazed at how much time you gain back from doing task the night before.
- Have backpacks all ready to go by the door and any other equipment or instrument that needs to go with them.
- Give incentives! Give your kids a reason to get downstairs and at the breakfast table. For us, everyone has to be downstairs eating breakfast at the table by 7:10 in order to get out of the house by 7:30. So at 7:00 a.m. I set a timer and tell them they need to come down in 5 minutes and when the timer goes off if they are at the table ready to go they can have an extra 10 minutes of free time. It works every time! Figure out what incentive works with your kids.
- Don’t sweat breakfast. Here’s a great recipe I love to make for our family though out the year. I make a double batch of this Mexican Egg Muffins and freeze the rest so they are handy for whenever we need them.
You can enjoy your Mexican Egg Muffins on the go with your on-the-go bottle of Silk Almond milk.
Mexican Egg Muffins Recipe (freezer friendly)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or almond flour for a gluten free option
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk bottle
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced ham or turkey deli meat
- black beans
- taco seasoning
- Turn oven on to 350 and grease your muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix flour, powder and salt.
- Then make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture and add your eggs, butter, milk and taco seasoning in the hole.
- Lastly, add your spinach, ham, and beans and mix well.
- Bake your muffins for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
To freeze the muffins simply store in a freezer safe container and heat in the microwave.
Don’t forget to add to your morning routine that one special thing which will be etched in their hearts as this was “moms morning thing”. My mom kissed and prayed for us that was her thing. What I do is kiss them and remind them of this little “blessing” phrase–You are loved. You are known. You are seen.
What’s your one special morning thing?
I really like the Silk unsweetened almond milk because I can use it for sauces, bread or other savory recipes. But you can find it in all sorts of yummy flavors like Cashew Caramel. It’s an excellent source of calcium and it has no saturated fat. No artificial colors, flavors or funny business.
Sure, you know you can find great Silk® milk taste in your grocer’s refrigerator. But did you know you can also find it in the shelf unrefrigerated? Our shelf-stable products are a delicious way to stock up.
Silk shelf stable products can be found at Walmart and are on the shelf stable milk aisle. Silk shelf-stable products have the same taste you love in our refrigerated products. Room-temperature shelf-stable Silk is safe to drink, but chilling it first ensures nice and cold refreshments.