Amazingly Delicious Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Your Kids Will Love without all of the sugar!
The last time we went to a pumpkin patch was when my oldest son was 3 years old. Ever since the fall of 2007 I’ve longed to revisit another pumpkin patch again with my kids.
Let me explain, we moved to South America the summer of 2008 and there are no pumpkin patches, hayrides where families go and pick a pumpkin and take pictures with their children in Ecuador.
In fact I’ve tried to explain this fall tradition to Ecuadorians but it’s hard for them to envision people talking pictures with pumpkins in the field.
This is our first fall since 2007 and I have thoroughly enjoyed all things pumpkin, fall foliage, and crisp cool mornings.
Amazingly Delicious Healthy Pumpkin Muffins Your Kids Will Love
Everyone who has tasted these muffins usually ask for the recipe because it’s hard to believe that healthy can taste so good. They are gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and oil free but they super moist, just sweet enough and delicious!
The first time I served them to my children I was afraid of what they would say but all I got was lots of “yummy sounds” coming out of them.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
ingredients: (this recipe is sugar free, gluten free, dairy and oil free) affiliate links below
- 1.5 cups oat flour (place rolled oats in blender until it’s a medium to fine powder)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or (1/4 teaspoon:cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute, more honey or brown sugar if you don’t want a sugar free recipe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can use sugar free chocolate chips)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Then make a well in the middle of the flour and add the last 5 ingredients and mix well together.
- If you’d like add chocolate chips. It’s a great addition!
- Use non-stick spray on a muffin pan and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes or until knife comes out clean. You don’t want them to over bake.
Note: You can choose to use a total of 4 tablespoons of honey or mix it up with honey and brown sugar or sugar substitute. It just depends on whether you want to keep this a sugar free recipe or not. If you want it sweeter you can use more honey or sweetener. I used real chocolate chips so it was sweet enough with the amount of honey and sweetener in the recipe.