These amazing guilt-free lemon cream filled crepes are delicious. See below to get my secret to easy crepes.
Now this is what I’m talk about! Hello New Year’s goals!
For the past month or so I’ve been eating more than my share of sugar so I needed to kick off my year with lighter recipes. These low carb lemon filled crepes do the trick.
They are guilt free and taste amazing! I use almond milk because I can create a “lightened up” version of my favorite recipes to help with my health goals this year.
Who said New Year’s goals have to be challenging? Being healthier doesn’t have to be hard and it can taste good!
These crepes are light, delicious and easy to make!
Now for my secret to making this recipe super manageable for the busy mom! Here it is, I place all the ingredients in the blender! Then I make a batch and place the left over crepes in a baggie in the fridge. In the morning I just warm it up and enjoy it for breakfast throughout the week or as a light snack!
Amazing Guilt-Free Lemon Cream Filled Crepes
ingredients: Makes 10-12 crepes (affiliate links below)
- 1/4 cup almond flour or coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted butter/coconut oil
- optional: 1 teaspoon Pyure sweetener
1 tablespoon Whey Protein powder
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt or almond yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sweetener or honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a blender and gently blend. I use this blender so I only have to hit start for like 10 seconds. You want to make sure the lumps are all out. Then let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes.
- In a hot medium sized pan with a generous amount of nonstick spray on it, add 1/4 cup of the crepe mix. What I usually do is pick up my pan and roll the mix around the pan so it evenly covers the pan and I don’t end up with fat crepes that look like pancakes.
- Watch the mixture on your pan start to bubble and the ends firm up that’s when you should turn them over. I use a thin rubber spatula to lift up one edge and then my fingers to turn it over. Don’t worry you’ll mess up a few times but then you’ll get the hangout of it by your second or third crepe.
Tip: The first couple of crepes will not look great, this is normal. Also make sure you let your pan heat up enough before cooking your crepes and use a generous amount of non-stick spray.
Enjoy with a handful of your favorite berries!
Nothing like starting off with small victories on your path to a better you!
Other family friendly posts you’ll enjoy:
Acts of Love Coupons for the Family
You can get our fun ideas, delicious recipes and family friendly printables in your inbox by subscribing below!