This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProgressIsPerfection #cBias
These amazing guilt-free lemon cream filled crepes are delicious. See below to get my secret to easy crepes.
Now this is what I’m talk about! Hello New Year’s goals!
For the past month or so I’ve been eating more than my share of sugar so I needed to kick off my year with lighter recipes. These low carb lemon filled crepes do the trick.
They are guilt free and taste amazing! I use Silk Almond Unsweet Original because I can create a “lightened up” version of my favorite recipes to help with my health goals this year. My mom has always had Silk Almond in the fridge so when I decided to go with less dairy and more plant based options I chose Silk Almond though they have lots of other flavors to choose from like Silk Almond Coconut Blend.
Who said New Year’s goals have to be challenging? Being healthier doesn’t have to be hard and it can taste good!
These crepes are light, delicious and easy to make!
Now for my secret to making this recipe super manageable for the busy mom! Here it is, I place all the ingredients in the blender! Then I make a batch and place the left over crepes in a baggie in the fridge. In the morning I just warm it up and enjoy it for breakfast throughout the week or as a light snack!
Amazing Guilt-Free Lemon Cream Filled Crepes
ingredients: Makes 10-12 crepes
- 4 tablespoons almond or coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of Silk Original Unsweet Almond Half Gallon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- optional: add a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 tbl Pyure sweetener
- 1 cup plain Silk dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoon sweetener or honey
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all of the above ingredients in the blender. This ensures the lumps are out.
- In a hot medium sized pan with nonstick spray on it, add 1/4 cup of the crepe mix. What I usually do is pick up my pan and roll the mix around the pan so it evenly covers the pan and I don’t end up with fat crepes that look like pancakes.
- Watch the mixture on your pan start to bubble and the ends firm up that’s when you should turn them over. Don’t worry you’ll mess up a few times but then you’ll get the hangout of it by your second or third crepe.
Tip: The first couple of crepes will not look great, this is normal. Also make sure you let your pan heat up enough before cooking your crepes.
Enjoy with a handful of your favorite berries!
Nothing like starting off with small victories on your path to a better you!
Silk’s #ProgressIsPerfection campaign fights the notion that “extreme” is the only path to being healthier, small victories are still victories.
Silk is great to create a “lightened up” version recipes to help with small victories on your path to a better you.
As always I like showing you where you can find the goods! Go to your local Walmart in the dairy section to purchase your Silk products. Silk is dairy-Free AND lactose-free. Here are a few other places you can find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.