Love and grace is the foundation of all that we do as parents which is why it’s powerful when we know our child’s love language.
When your child feels loved, when her emotional tank is full, she will be more responsive to parental guidance in all areas of her life. She will listen without resentment.” ~Chapman & Ross
Why Just Telling Your Child “I Love You” Doesn’t Work
One of the most amazing gifts we can give our children is to let them know they are loved, known and valued by speaking their love language.
Even when clothed and well fed, sensitive children feel the icy loneliness of not being known for who they are, and they suffer from feeling essentially neither of interest nor personally cherished in the family. ” ~ by Jon P. Bloch
As parents we deeply love our children but often our children don’t feel the unconditional love. So why the disconnect?
Some parents assume that because they love their children, the children will automatically know this. Other parents think that simply telling a child “I love you” will sufficiently transmit that love. Unfortunately, this is not true. ~ Gary Chapman & Ross Campbell M.D.
Join us as we discover together the 5 love languages. Tender touch, supporting words, quality time, gifts and acts of service are the 5 love languages our children need to grow but each child craves one more than the rest.
The Parenting Myth
Before we dive in I want to remind you that there are no such things as perfect parents. We all make mistakes and all we can do is seek Him, learn from our mistakes, and explore parenting strategies.
So when we lose focus we get back up knowing that God works through us, in us and in spite of us. Isn’t that such a relief!
FREE Love Languages Assessment
I put together an assessment for you to figure out your child’s primary love language. Just go here or click on the link below to download your FREE love languages assessment.
Along with the assessment you’ll receive printables, activities and tips. Once you click on the image above, add your email, then you’ll get an email in your inbox with the link to access all of our printable freebies!
How to Join the Mother’s Day 5 Day Challenge
A group of parenting bloggers have joined together to bring you this Mother’s Day 5 Day Challenge!
How to Join!
- Go to our Facebook page post and write–Count me in the #MothersDay5DayChallenge
- Go to your local library and get The 5 Love Languages of Children book or buy it HERE!
- Download the FREE Love Languages Assessment and go over it with your child together if they are young or have them do it on their own if they are old enough.
Then just follow along for the next 5 Days! Each day I will share a video on our Facebook page and discuss one love language. Also, for each day one of our bloggers will share some fabulous practical ideas so you can start using your child’s primary love language.
I will update this schedule each day as the posts go live.
- April 14th –Inspired by Family – The 5 Love Languages Free Assessment
- 16th – Surviving Toddlerhood – physical touch –5 Ways to Love Your Child Through physical Touch
- 17th – Alynda Long – Words of Affirmation – 20 Biblical Words of Affirmation for Your Child
- 18th – Lila Diller – Quality Time – How To Love Your Child Using Their Love Language of Quality Time She also shares a free printable for you to download!
- 19th- Sip Mom – Gifts – 10 Gift Ideas for Your Child Whose Love Language is Gifts
- 20th – A Purpose Driven Wife – Acts of Service – 10 Ways to Love Your Child Through Acts of Service
I want to honor all mothers who need some beauty, truth, hope and words of affirmation in their life. God’s words of affirmation are what kept me going in the darkest moments of my life. Read the full story HERE. So I’m giving you a $2 discount TODAY on our 31 Days of Praying Scripture For Your Family Cards! I
Go to our SHOP and order your very own set of these beautiful custom designed cards. At the checkout use the code: 2off01
You get 31 scripture cards for each day of the month to pray for your children, spouse, yourself…
These cards make the perfect Mother’s Day gift! You can frame them, give them away, clip to your fridge, put in your child’s mailbox, leave on your co-workers desk… the possibilities are endless!