One of the most beautiful gifts we can give ourselves and our family is prayer. Here are 12 verses every mom can pray to get through the day.
But I’m not just talking about the quick prayers like–“Help her win the game! or “Don’t let us be late.” These are completely valid and can be heartfelt prayers I’m talking about something different today.
Motherhood is Not for the Faint of Heart
You’re a warrior mama! So what I’m talking about here has more depth. It’s about pointing our little arrows to our Heavenly Father. I’m talking about entering into the throne of grace and pleading to God for your son’s purity. So your daughter will see herself as a child of the king. So your spouse will have strength in his day. So they will seek Him always and not their own desires.
Let’s go to God on their behalf and ask God to have mercy on your family.
Or when you find yourself at your wits end and on your knees humbled because none of your strategies worked and none of those books helped. In desperation we cry out, pleading for guidance and His wisdom, “What do I do now?”
Mommas, if we are warriors then we are in battle.
The Glue that Holds Your Family Together
I am a family educator and parenting coach so I’ll be the first to tell you there are some amazing parenting strategies out there for us to implement in our home. But I will also be the first to tell you those strategies alone can only get us so far. The glue that holds those strategies together, the foundation we build those strategies on is–His Word.
I love how Jesus uses scripture in the wilderness to stand strong against the attacks of the enemy. He hits the devil with the word, it’s His ammunition. He knows who he belongs to, who He is and God’s truth.
The enemy is real and he is out to devour our good intentions and quick prayers.
Moms can I ask you to stop fighting this battle with good intentions and quick prayers instead let’s get our boxing gloves on and fight with God’s word–by praying scripture for our children.
Before you think this is another strategy to create the perfect little family, it’s not.
Prayer is not another tool for your parenting toolbox, it’s our lifeline.
Let’s start planting seeds of His Word in our homes and the hearts of our children!
12 Bible Verses Every Mom Can Pray to Get Through the Day
You can pray the following verses for your children, your spouse and fmaily. You can also use them to give you strength as a mom. You don’t need pretty cards as the ones shown below. Before I got my set of scripture cards I doodled the scripture on index cards. Then I posted it on my window sill by the kitchen sink.
- This is how we have come to know love: He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers.. 1 John 3:16 -I have scripture all over our house. We have a chalkboard in our dining room that I regularly write quotes and verses. One day I was aggravated with the bickering and mess that had been going on all afternoon. I was setting the table for dinner in a bad mood. Then this verse stared me in the face. How will our kids come to know love? Through our actions not just our words. I prayed this for myself.
- He will quiet you with His love. Zephaniah 3:17 – I prayed this verse this morning for myself and each of my children. “Lord, quiet my heart with your love. Quiet the anxiousness my son carries with him and fill his heart with your truth. May___ heart and mind find peace in your unconditional love. A love that sings over him/her with your everlasting truth. Drown ___ fears in your perfect love.” This verse and prayers is in my collection of 31 Verses to Pray for your Family cards. You can find them HERE.
- Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil. 1:6 – This verse is one of my constant verses I find myself praying for my family. “Lord, at times I find myself placing my confidence in my own doing. Help me trust that you will carry out to the end the good work you have begun in _____.
- It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. Psalm 18:32 – For when our children or spouse need to remember to rely on God’s strength.
- I am the Lord the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27 For those moments when motherhood seems overwhelming. This verse is great for when we need our faith to be bigger than our fears that come with being a mother, wife, friend, child of God and simply a woman. I love praying this for my son who is easily overwhelmed by life.
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 – I pray this verse as I go through each room in our house.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6 – Such a life verse for me.
- Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – A wonderful remind for us to pray.
- Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath. Psalm 116:2 – What an incredible verse that reminds us that He listens, He knows, and He cares.
- And let the beauty of the LORD our God be on us: and establish the work of our hands, yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:17 – This was our family life verse and pray it throughout the year but especially at the beginning of the school year for my children.
- Do not despise this small beginning, for the eyes of the Lord rejoice to see the work begin,… Zechariah 4:10 – This is another great verse to remember as a parent when we find ourselves struggling with slow progress and wanting to see big change. In this verse, Zerubbabel was struggling with the same thing but God reminds him that these are days are priceless moments of shaping, molding and preparing our kids.
- For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12 – I have prayed this as a reminder to me when I am frustrated with my husband or other family member. Reminding myself that they are not the enemy. I may not like what they are doing but my struggle goes beyond them.
There are so many great verses that I can go on and on!
May you find encouragement, guidance and hope in His everlasting truth as you do life as a mother, child of God, sister in Christ, wife and whatever other role you hold.
You can find the beautiful scripture art in my shop! They are custom designed by an amazing graphic artist and professionally printed on card stock so you can hang on your walls at home, post on your fridge, send to a friend and my favorite hanging it on my window sill where I wash dishes.