It’s Fall Y’all! So I had to make this Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze!
This week we had a low 60’s day and everything inside me was squealing! I mean who doesn’t love fall and all things pumpkin.
I turned off the air conditioner, opened all the windows, and sat in my love seat with my comfy knitted cable blanket around me. Making sure I was next to the window where I have a clear view of the corn field on one side and the cows on the other so when I looked up from my morning quiet time I could take in the beauty that surrounds me.
I found myself planning my favorite comfort foods I was going to make during the week! At the top of the list was my favorite breakfast cake–pumpkin oatmeal bake!
This recipe is a family favorite and this time around I decided to spice it up a bit with some maple cream cheese glaze. Doesn’t that sound amazing!
This is gluten free, refined sugar free, and dairy free if you choose to use dairy free cream cheese in the glaze.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bake with Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
ingredients: Makes 2 pie pans or one large casserole dish.
- 6 cups Rolled oats or Old fashion oats
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup of sweetener (I used Truvia) or honey
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- optional: Garnish with sliced apples
Stir in another bowl:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1.5 cups almond milk or your favorite milk product
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 oz cream cheese softened (use dairy free option if you’d like)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
This recipe does not require flour. When baked it will rise like a cake but with a fluffy, crumbly texture. If you want it sweeter just add more honey or sweetener.
- Mix together first 6 ingredients.
- Stir the other 5 ingredients in another bowl then add the wet mix to your dry ingredients.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish and layer thin apple slices on top. You can also add diced apples in the dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until you have a smooth glaze. You can cover and place in freezer for later or give one away to someone who needs some cheering up!