I will share with you 8 scriptures you can pray for your children throughout this month.
My son was on the playground just doing his own thing. Early on I had learned to watch him closely because he is our sensitive little guy and somehow he always gives out a scent to bullies because they can spot him a mile away.
I always had my “mama bear” game on when we were out in areas with tons of kids we didn’t know. That particular morning this cute little guy with denim overalls, a striped cotton shirt, and matching shoes was walking over to my son. He didn’t seem aggressive so I continued doing my thing but kept an eye on them.
Next thing I know little overalls guy pushes my son down and grabs Thomas the train from his hand and takes off running.
Oh no, he didn’t!
We get our mama bear on when our kids are in danger. In the same way, we can get our “mama bear” on in prayer against the schemes of the enemy. But in all of it we remember the battle belongs to the Lord. And guess what? He’s already won!
Fight For Your Kids Through Prayer with these 8 Scriptures
Let’s get our mama bear on! The battle is not yours, but God’s!
Take your worries to the One who can change things. Take your heart’s desire for your children to the One who knows how many hairs are on your child’s head.
Take your words and worries to the One who hears you and is for you, not against you.
Let’s fight on our knees pleading to our Heavenly Father on behalf of our child.
Below are the 8 Scriptures to help us fight for our kids. I share here different ways you can pray scripture (click on link for info.). In the Ephesians scripture below I’m praying the verse back to God for my child by adding his name to it.
I pray that out of God’s glorious riches He may strengthen ____ with power through His spirit in ___ inner being, so that Christ may dwell in ___ heart through faith.
And I pray that ____, may be rooted and established in love,
and have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
and to know God’s love that surpasses knowledge–
that ___ may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
In His name, Amen”. ~(Ephesians 3: 16-19)
You can take each of these verse below and pray them to God on behalf of your children.
- Prayer #1 Ephesians 3: 16-19 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
- Prayer #2 Colossians 1: 9-12 And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 11 being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
- Prayer #3 Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- Prayer #4 Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
- Prayer #5 Ephesians 2: 4-10
- Prayer # 6 Proverbs 3: 5-6
- Prayer #7 Philippians 4:6
- Prayer #8 Psalms 119: 37
He Makes Us Brave on Our Knees!
Mama, we have an enemy and he’s for real! But listen closely, we have nothing to fear! God is for us who can be against us. Romans 8:31
The enemy is not in charge; Jesus is.
The diagnosis is not in charge, God is.
The bully kid is not in charge; Jesus is.
Your bad habits are not in charge; God is your strength.
The sickness is not in charge; Jesus is.
Your choices do not define you, God’s love does!
The enemy doesn’t care how old your child is whether he’s 3 years old or 30 years old. He is prowling around ready to devour and he’s not checking ID’s for age limit.
Even if your child has grown up in the church their whole life or knows Jesus Christ as their Savior the enemy still has the ability to tempt, lure and feed them lies so they doubt God’s truth and His love. But we have nothing to fear.
Jesus Christ in us and He goes before us. Let us pray! And when we don’t have the words to pray we can rest assured that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are interceding on our behalf.
Prayer takes problems out of the domain of the devil and into the presence of God. Prayer confesses, “God can handle it. Since He can, I have hope!”
When we pray in the name of Jesus, we come to God on the basis of Jesus’ accomplishment.
Since we have a great high priest [Jesus] over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith. — Hebrews 10:21–22
As our high priest, Jesus offers our prayers to God. His prayers are always heard.” ~ via M. Lucado “Before You Say Amen”
Let’s get our “mama bear on”! Let’s pray!
He makes us brave on our knees!