Mini Size Yumminess: Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes

I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I have come up with a solution: In my world all parties would serve food in mini size.  Most of you are all too familair with this scenario:Your at a party near the food table.  Everything looks appetizing but there is not enough room on those stinkin small dessert plates to fit everything you have already eyed. You hate to commit to one thing but you have no choice.  You take a couple of bites and soon your ready to try something else but your too embarrassed to go up for seconds. You really want to try that other dessert but your debating about when is the right time to go up again.  At this point you begin to peruse the room for your hero someone who can snatch up seconds for you.  Now all in favor for mini size foods at parties raise your hand.

Ingredients

• Pancake box mix or your favorite from scratch recipe
  • 1/3cp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
  • 1 tbl mint extract
  • Chocolate syrup
  • crushed peppermints
  • Chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Follow directions on box for pancakes and then add the cocoa powder, mint extract and chocolate chips.  If you want them darker than just add more cocoa powder.
  2. Place on hot griddle make them big enough so you can get 3 small size circles from each one.  Turn when it starts bubbling.
  3. Grab your small circle cookie cutter and make 3 circles.  If you dont’ care that they are not perfect circles than just drop small size pancakes straight on griddle.
  4. Pile 3 up and place a toothpick in the middle.
  5. Drizzle Chocolate sauce and sprinkle crushed peppermints on top.

Chocolate Sauce

• 1/3 cp of chocolate pieces or nutella
  • 1tbl of butter
  • 3 tbl of heavy cream or milk

Put milk and butter in a small sauce pan bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Then take off heat and add the chocolate stir until it’s smooth.  If you want it to be runny add more cream or milk or thicker add more chocolate.

The great thing about pancakes is that they can be served as appetizers, dessert, breakfast or even dinner.

Tags: , , , , ,

20 Responses to “Mini Size Yumminess: Chocolate Peppermint Pancakes”

1. November 12, 2011 at 2:05 am #

These look and sound incredible! Thank you so much for sharing them with us this week at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

2. November 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

Thanks Vanessa for stopping by. They are yummy definitely a dessert for me.

3. emily
    November 15, 2011 at 10:05 am #

Hi! Came over from Made By You Monday! This looks great! Would love for you to come over and link up to my Tasty Tuesday party going on now! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

• November 15, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

Emily,
      Thanks for stopping by! I will hop over and check out your blog!

4. November 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

I’m all for small desserts! More room to try them all!

5. November 16, 2011 at 1:24 am #

Just wanted to thank you for linking up to It’s A Rockin’ Party at RoCa and Company last week. Your chocolate peppermint mini pancakes were one of my top three favorites and will be featured tomorrow. Please make sure to stop by and grab our feature button. Would love to have you back this coming Friday…

Carmen @ RoCa and Company

6. November 16, 2011 at 3:45 am #

Those sound delicious!

7. November 16, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

I love anything mini! Looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again tomorrow :)

8. November 18, 2011 at 4:55 am #

OH! These look yummy! Chocolate and pancakes – two of my favorites.

Love to invite you to join my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now…http://radcrafter.com/2011/11/thingamajig-thursday-party-3/

Alida

9. November 19, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

oh my gosh! Those look deLICious! Wow! More like dessert than breakfast or dinner! Would you pretty pretty please share here?

10. November 26, 2011 at 2:29 am #

I would never have thought of making mini pancakes. Mint and chocolate are such a great combo too. Thanks for sharing at Sunday’s Best =)

• November 27, 2011 at 3:10 pm #

Andrea, wow your good. I think you commented on everything I linked up.

1. Entertaining: 4 Christmas Breakfast Party Recipes « Inspired By Family - December 4, 2011

[...] Chocolate Peppermint Gingerbread Pancakes with Nutella Chocolate Sauce- Irresistible ingredients coming together to have a party in your mouth! [...]

2. Featured Recipe/Top3/Linkup! - December 15, 2011