I have been thinking about this for a long time now and I have come up with a solution: In my world all parties would serve food in mini size. Most of you are all too familair with this scenario:Your at a party near the food table. Everything looks appetizing but there is not enough room on those stinkin small dessert plates to fit everything you have already eyed. You hate to commit to one thing but you have no choice. You take a couple of bites and soon your ready to try something else but your too embarrassed to go up for seconds. You really want to try that other dessert but your debating about when is the right time to go up again. At this point you begin to peruse the room for your hero someone who can snatch up seconds for you. Now all in favor for mini size foods at parties raise your hand.
- Pancake box mix or your favorite from scratch recipe
- 1/3cp Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 tbl mint extract
- Chocolate syrup
- crushed peppermints
- Chocolate chips
- Follow directions on box for pancakes and then add the cocoa powder, mint extract and chocolate chips. If you want them darker than just add more cocoa powder.
- Place on hot griddle make them big enough so you can get 3 small size circles from each one. Turn when it starts bubbling.
- Grab your small circle cookie cutter and make 3 circles. If you dont’ care that they are not perfect circles than just drop small size pancakes straight on griddle.
- Pile 3 up and place a toothpick in the middle.
- Drizzle Chocolate sauce and sprinkle crushed peppermints on top.
- 1/3 cp of chocolate pieces or nutella
- 1tbl of butter
- 3 tbl of heavy cream or milk
Put milk and butter in a small sauce pan bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Then take off heat and add the chocolate stir until it’s smooth. If you want it to be runny add more cream or milk or thicker add more chocolate.
The great thing about pancakes is that they can be served as appetizers, dessert, breakfast or even dinner.