~Stop by to see all of our summer recipes, parties, crafts and more in our Summer digital online publication here! ~
Featured Contributor: Renee Hagloch
To coordinate with my Picnic Parade party theme, I handmade these watermelon napkins. I am definitely not a good sewer, so I made it easier on myself and used glue, but you could sew everything instead.
2. Fabric glue
3. Black standard size cloth napkin
4. Red and white checkered fabric
5. Spool of 1 1/2 inch green ribbon
6. Green acrylic craft paint
7. Small paint brush
8. Spool of 1/2 inch white zig zag/rick rack ribbon
9. Small black buttons (Qty. 24)
Step 1: Glue a piece of red and white checkered fabric in the middle of the black napkin and leave a thin edge all around the outer perimeter.
Step 2: Glue the green ribbon around the outer perimeter of the black napkin. Fold corners as neatly as possible.
Step 3: Using a darker green acrylic craft paint and paint brush, paint random thin and thick vertical stripes on the green ribbon.
For more watermelon inspired ideas go here!