Apple Pie in an Apple

This NO-BAKE, yup you read it right, no bake apple pie in an apple cup is SCRUMPTIOUS! Perfect for the summer!  I served these at a Mother and Daughter Lunch gathering and they were a big hit!  For more of our yummy Simple & Summer recipes go here!

Apple Pie in an Apple Cup

created in mi cocina (kitchen)

• 4 large apples
  • graham crackers,
  • 2 tbl brown sugar
  • 1/2 tbl cinnamon
  • vanilla ice cream
  • caramel (optional)

Directions:

1. Cut about an 1.5 inches off the top of your apple and use a melon baller to gut your apple.  I tried to get as much out as I can but make sure that you don’t get to close to the skin otherwise you will pierce through it.

2. Chop up all of the apple guts and place them in a sauce pan over low-med. heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and let it simmer for about 6 minutes or until they are soft.

3. Don’t worry that your apple cups are browning because they will get filled.  Crush your graham crackers but not too small.

4. Layer inside apple cups in this order: caramel, graham crackers, apple filling, ice cream.

5. Top with caramel and graham cracker crumbs.

Note: I ran out of apples so I had to cut them in half instead of using the whole apple. It worked out just fine!

9 Responses to “Apple Pie in an Apple”

1. June 18, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Okay, I’ve tried a baking recipe and that didn’t turn out well but this…this I might be able to do. Pinning now. I’d love to have you link this up to Titus 2 Tuesday on Cornerstone Confessions. Hopping over The Better Mom.

Kathy

2. June 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

Kathy, this is pretty easy so hopefully it works out for you. Enjoy and thanks for the heads up on your party.

3. Jacqueline
    June 22, 2012 at 7:25 am #

It sounds really good. Is it not a pain to eat, though?

• June 22, 2012 at 8:37 am #

jacqueline, nope. i served it at a mother/daughter luncheon and it worked fabulous. the apple serves as bowl so you just hold it and dig in and enjoy! when i did it by BAKING the apple cups it was a little messy. ENJOY!

4. cherdimi
    June 23, 2012 at 3:24 am #

Looks delicious ! Definitely pinning this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great weekend!
    Linda

5. Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    June 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

What a delicious recipe! I can almost taste it :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

6. August 8, 2012 at 4:48 am #

This would go over big with my guys! They love apples and dessert.

7. December 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

This looks so yummy. I am going to have to try this soon.

1. Easiest Ice Cream Recipe Ever | Inspired By Family Magazine - July 27, 2012