This NO-BAKE, yup you read it right, no bake apple pie in an apple cup is SCRUMPTIOUS! Perfect for the summer! I served these at a Mother and Daughter Lunch gathering and they were a big hit! For more of our yummy Simple & Summer recipes go here!
Apple Pie in an Apple Cup
created in mi cocina (kitchen)
- 4 large apples
- graham crackers,
- 2 tbl brown sugar
- 1/2 tbl cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel (optional)
1. Cut about an 1.5 inches off the top of your apple and use a melon baller to gut your apple. I tried to get as much out as I can but make sure that you don’t get to close to the skin otherwise you will pierce through it.
2. Chop up all of the apple guts and place them in a sauce pan over low-med. heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and let it simmer for about 6 minutes or until they are soft.
3. Don’t worry that your apple cups are browning because they will get filled. Crush your graham crackers but not too small.
4. Layer inside apple cups in this order: caramel, graham crackers, apple filling, ice cream.
5. Top with caramel and graham cracker crumbs.
Note: I ran out of apples so I had to cut them in half instead of using the whole apple. It worked out just fine!