DIY Personalized Face Plates

These are so much fun!  I had a great time with them!

Your kids will enjoy making mommy and daddy into silly characters.  You can also make one for grandma, grandpa, brother and sister.

It’s so easy to make! All you will need is Pebeo Porcelaine 150 China Paint Bullet Tip Marker, Anthracite Black
and solid color plate.  Draw your face but don’t add too much detail. You want to let their minds go wild as they turn you into a beautiful mess. Spaghetti hair, meatball eyes…. Let your design dry for 24 hours, then oven cure your plate at 350 degrees for 35 minutes and let your plate cool down completely in the oven.  There are instructions on the Paint Pen so make sure you follow those if it varies from what I mentioned here.

Be silly!

Have a sense of humor!

11 Responses to “DIY Personalized Face Plates”

1. July 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm #

I can’t even begin to imagine the kind of ‘foodstuffs’ my kids would decorate with. So fun.

2. July 27, 2012 at 6:09 am #

I don’t have young children anymore, but I’m tucking away this away for a gift idea. I love to promote creativity!

3. July 27, 2012 at 7:17 am #

Such a great idea!

4. July 30, 2012 at 9:18 am #

These are super cute! My kids would totally love them.

5. August 1, 2012 at 11:56 am #

These are such fun! I love it!

6. August 1, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Sooooo cute.

7. August 2, 2012 at 10:15 am #

I LOVE these. They would make great gifts for brother in law too (and yes, I know they are for kids… but still!)

8. August 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm #

Oh, these are great. I love how you decorated them with food!

9. August 3, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

These are hilarious, how fun! My guys would adore these! Thanks for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

10. emily
    August 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

This looks amazing! It will be featured at this weeks Tasteful Tuesday Party. Come by and check it out… grab a featured button if you don’t have one already. Party will be up at 8:30 pm

1. {Raising Tots} Creative Ways to Get Your Toddler to Eat - Love, Play, Learn - October 10, 2012

[...] 2. Play. Let them “play” with their food. Yes, you read that right. I am not talking about slinging food across the table but let them thoroughly experience it before you try to feed them. If they are old enough to feed themselves let them get dirty and messy as they miss their mouth and touch their hair and face with those dirty little pudgy hands. Another fun way to play with food is making these personalized plates and letting them make their own version of mommy or daddy. You can find the tutorial here. [...]