Carrot Cake Waffles the best of both words at breakfast!
Carrot cake takes me back to my childhood.
There was a time when I was a little girl, I couldn’t wait for Sunday because it meant my father would bring home from work a wonderfully amazing carrot cake. It seemed like he did that for months on end around spring but it was probably like a couple of Sundays.
Now that I’m older, I can’t stuff my face with Carrot Cake for months on end because my waist will pay for it. So, I give my cravings an outlet with other delicious variations of carrot cake. Hope over and checkout my Carrot Cake Pancake with Cream Cheese Glaze recipe.
I just got a waffle maker!
It’s Spring time!
So, I had to make Carrot Cake Waffles!
I’ve been going crazy trying new recipes with our “new” waffle maker. So, you may find one too many waffle recipes in the next few months. Don’t worry, I’ll get bored with my new toy and move on to the next thing before long.
Here’s the recipe and I’ll be sharing with you my healthy base waffle recipe with you soon! Oh and this reminds me this would make a wonderful Sunday Easter Brunch Waffle Bar.
I like to use this recipe because it has some healthy ingredients like- oats, coconut oil, carrots…
Carrot Cake Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon of Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar-I like Truvia Brown Sugar substitute (you can add less sugar but I don’t add syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups Milk
- 1/4 cup Oil (I like to use coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
1. Preheat your waffle iron.
2. Mix all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I use a bowl with a spout so it can easily pour without making a huge mess everywhere.
3. Follow the instructions on your waffle iron for how long it will take to cook. If you don’t have the instructions anymore start with 2.5 minutes and add more or less time for the next batch.
Note most people are hoping their waffles are slightly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Maple Nut Cream Cheese Topping
8 ounces soft cream cheese
2-4 tablespoons maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Mix the above ingredients in a bowl until it’s nice and creamy. Top your waffles with it!