This colorful dish will bring some sunshine to your dreary cold winter days. Warning this Pasta Salad is addictive. My boys kept coming in the kitchen and nibbling on it after I had served it to them for dinner. It’s easy to whip up and delicious, I especially love all the colors in it!
Sweet Bacon Penne Pasta Salad from Mi Cocina
- 1 Bag 180z Cooked Penne Pasta
- 5 slices of Bacon crumbled
- 1/3 cp White Vinegar
- 3 tbl Honey/brown sugar
- 1/2 cp Mayo or more if you want it creamier
- 2 cps grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cp diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cp diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cp of chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cps of crumbled feta or cubed mozzarella
- a handful of shredded spinach
- 1/3cp of cranberries or raisins (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook bacon until it’s done. Place bacon in paper towel and remove all but 2tbl of the grease.
- Add honey, vinegar to the pan of grease and stir until it is a smooth texture about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add mayo while mixture is still warm. If you want it sweeter add more honey or creamier add more mayo.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta and pour Sweet Bacon dressing over the cooked pasta.
- Mix in veggies, crumbled bacon, cranberries and crumbled feta.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve it warm or refrigerate and serve cold. I prefer mine cold.
This is great recipe to whip up for a party or to serve as the main course or a side for your meal.
picture via Kalyn’s Kitchen