All things patriotic for your dining pleasure!
Aren’t these pancakes so cute! This is my favorite pancake recipe, my kids love it. Just the other day, I discovered that my husband hadn’t been using my recipe. Needless to say, as a recipe blogger, I was annoyed. He then used it and the first thing that came out of my sons mouth while devouring the pancakes was, “Dad, what did you do different? These pancakes were delicious!” I just looked at my husband with that look. I’m sure all of you are familiar with “that look” I’m talking about.
Are you getting geared up for your 4th of July gathering?
Here is an easy and fun craft you can make to add some simple bling to your table or as a gift to the hostess. It’s so easy to make, even kiddos can join in on the fun. We made some trendy Confetti Bunting and no sew napkins shown above
to create this patriotic breakfast for the family. It was served with these delicious fluffy pancakes and then adding food coloring to the batter to make one set blue.
DIY Aluminum Star Napkin Rings
You will need:
· aluminum baking pan or soda can
· scissors and pen
1. Trace your shape onto the aluminum pan. I preferred to use a baking pan
over a can because it wasn’t as sharp as the can and it was easier to work
with. Be careful when handling either of those.
2. Cut it out and then use the pen to draw dots on it, or any other kind of
textured object to give your napkin ring a textured look. We used a parmesan
cheese grater and a hamburger mold.
3. Polk a hole at the end insert your ribbon.
After featuring this fun No-Sew Watermelon Napkin in our Summer Issue I was inspired to try my own!
How to make your own no-sew Patriotic napkins:
1. Cut some fabric 17 X 17 inches.
2. Fold in an inch and glue with some sturdy craft glue (I love my liquid silicone glue) or if you have some dependable no-sew fabric glue (I have yet to find a brand that doesn’t fall apart when I wash it, any recommendations?).
3. Lean back and be proud of your easy but beautiful work!