This book by Jane Chapman is such a sweet and funny story of a mouse looking for a home. I seriously, got teary eyed reading it through this sweet book. So we made a manger ornament craft to go with our book!
Before kicking off our 12 Days of Christmas ADVENTure (free printables) readings and activities my boys all made one of these ornaments after opening up their first Christmas Countdown book! They hung it by their bed to remind them of what Christmas is all about.
Since my toddler was making this we practiced our shapes while making this craft: star, circle and triangle.
Manger Ornament Craft for Kids
- brown construction paper or foam sheets
- popsicle sticks
- round wooden circle or foam sheets
- Christmas star printable with verse (can be downloaded below)
1. First glue the wooden sticks together by creating an upside down x. Let it dry.
2. Then we cut a triangle from the brown foam sheet. We used an adhesive one so we didn’t have to glue anything together because the brown foam over the popsicle sticks held it together and it also head the circle and star.
3. Then place the triangle over the popsicle sticks to create the manger.
4. Print out your Christmas Star verse here: Christmas Star I have a two versions of the star available.
5. Color it if you’d like and adhere it over the manger.
6. Add eyes and a mouth to your wooden circle and place on manger.
7. Finally add a string to the top if you want to make an ornament of it.
I joined up with some fabulous bloggers to bring you: 10 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas–Inspired by Books! Doesn’t that so fabulous!
Here are the other bloggers sharing with me today: Happiness is Homemade –Inspired by Familia
–Living Life and Learning –Creekside Learning –Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails –Coffee Cups and Crayons
Here’s the one I made this year, 2015 with one of my new favorite Christmas books. Go here for the details on how to make the ornament below and to checkout another fun Christmas book.