This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#DelightfulMoments, #CBias #CollectiveBias Now you can enjoy the holiday flavors with less guilt with my amazingly delicious Baked Peppermint Mocha Donuts recipe!
I love waking up to the smell of coffee in the mornings! My papi used to have his morning cup pretty much every morning. It’s most commonly known as “cafe con leche” around my house.
I, on the other hand, only drink coffee so I have an excuse to enjoy the delicious creamers!
Some may say I don’t bleed Latina just for that reason.
I call myself a coffee social drinker. I like to drink it with friends and familia but I don’t need a cup every morning. Well, thankfully, my husband carries on the tradition of drinking coffee in the morning. So I get to wake up to the smell of coffee in my kitchen!
Fun Ways to Enjoy Your Coffee Creamers That Don’t Involve Coffee
I recently discovered a fun way to enjoy my holiday creamers without the coffee. I’m going to share with you my two little secrets.
My first secret is I make a cup of black or green tea and then I add my favorite creamer to the mix. Sometimes I used the International Delight® sugar-free creamer but other times I have the regular kind.
My second secret is I bake with my creamers. Yes, I add my favorite creamer to my baking concoction and I immediately have all the flavors without tons of ingredients. Below I share with you my amazingly delicious peppermint mocha donuts that are a healthier alternative to fried donuts and they taste good!
Healthier Baked Peppermint Mocha Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- crushed peppermint candy sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl add your dry ingredients: flour, meal, cocoa powder and salt.
- Then create a whole in the middle of the mix and add your wet ingredients: milk, creamer, extract, sugar, egg and salt.
- Mix well.
- Spray your normal muffin tin or if you have a donut pan use that. I do not have a donut pan so I just placed the donut mix into a muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a minute and then with your finger gently poke a hole through the middle of each donut. Then slightly flatten out while it’s warm.
- Make the glaze and sprinkle over each donut.
- The crushed peppermint candy sprinkles are optional.
Enjoy your donuts with a Chocolate Hazelnut green smoothie! Seriously, International Delight® Chocolate Hazelnut green smoothie is “The ultimate holiday must-have.”
It just doesn’t feel like the holidays without a splash of seasonal flavor. Stock up at Walmart and make that merriment last! You can also find the International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer“Peppermint Mocha Creamer Always on the nice list.”