The decisions you make determine the schedule you keep. The schedule you keep determines the life you live. And how you live your life determines” L. Terkeurst
How to Go From Frenzy to a More Focused Christmas
- Your Best Yes! – Choose your best yes! Lysa Terkeurst in her book the “Best Yes!” says, “Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less.”So pick a few meaningful things and do them well. Say “Yes!” to those things that connect you to what you value.
- Create margin and keep one day clear from obligations.
- Stay in your budget. Stick to your budget when Christmas shopping. Remember what and why you’re celebrating in the first place.
- Re-evaluate your traditions. If a tradition no longer serves the intended purpose or stage of life you’re in then it may be time to let that tradition go.
- Ask yourself, “What is it costing me to engage in this activity?” Costing me sleep, time with family, financial stress…
- Find an Advent Calendar that will refocus your family on what is important in this season. Years ago it was the Christmas season that jolted me to action. Christmas used to be a blur of things to do, gathering to attend, exhaustion and a little of Jesus here and there. But not anymore! An advent calendar kept me accountable to focusing on Jesus each day of the Christmas season. It was quick and it deepened our connection with each other and God. I couldn’t find a good mix of fun and Jesus so I created the first advent calendar(You can see it here) that we used. Our children loved it and most importantly it was Christ-centered. Our kids out grew that one so I made this 24 Names of Jesus Advent and most recently I created this 12 Names of Jesus for the busy family with a devotional and journal activities.
12 Names of Jesus Advent
We’ve tried all sorts of Christmas Advent calendars. Some didn’t make it through the season, others lasted for a few years. But as our lives got busier we needed something that was NOT asking us to “do more” by adding to the frenzy but instead that focused us on connecting as a family and our faith.
So I designed this Names of Jesus Advent so you can discover the Christmas season like never before!
Go from frenzy to a focused Christmas this year! We’ve implemented this tradition because it impacts the way our family celebrates the season.
Unfold the names of Jesus as you read 12 Bible stories from the Old Testament to the birth of Jesus using The Jesus Storybook Bible.
It’s created for the busy family who wants to maximize their time with their family and faith. It works well with kids of all ages (3 years old-teen) to deepen their relationship with Christ. You start off each week with a focus: Hope, Joy, Love and Peace. Then you unfold 3 Names of Jesus each week leading to Christmas day.
You can find it here at my shop! It’s on sale right now but it won’t be for much longer.