More Cinco de Mayo Yumminess, from me casa to yours!
Coconut Chipotle Roasted Chicken in the Crockpot (ahh, don’t you just love that last word)
- 3 med size limes
- 2 cups of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbl cumin
- 1 whole onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbl garlic paste
- 1 chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce (if you like it hot add more)
- 2 tbl chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Stuff chicken cavity w/ chopped onion and garlic cloves.
2. Rub kosher salt all over chicken.
4. Mix in a bowl: coconut milk, cumin, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, salt, garlic paste.
5. Pour 1 cp of coconut milk mixture over chicken. Reserve the rest.
6. Cook on high 4-5 hours. When chicken is done heat the rest of the Chipotle Coconut mix and pour over chicken.
Serve over rice and Strawberry and Avocado Salad or a Cucumber Tomato Salad.
Our other yummy Mexican inspired desserts- Easy and Healthy Fried Ice Cream Balls using cinnamon crisp wedges