Oh, how I love Mexican inspired flavored food! Chipotle Black Bean Bacon Burgers with Mango Salsa is a fiesta in your mouth.
The spicy smoked chipotle and the sweet mango come together to create an explosion of flavor. My oldest took a quick bite before everyone sat down as he always does, I think he wants to alert everyone whether the food is amazing or just good. He is my child who still makes noises at every bite, so after he took his first bite of his burger he says, “Mmmm, mmmm, wow this is really good mommy.” And once we all sat down to join him we all chimed in with the same response.
It’s an easy and healthy meal to prepare and you can freeze extra patties for later meals and just reheat when you’re ready to fix them.
Chipotle Black Bean Bacon Burgers with Mango Salsa
- 2 cans of black beans
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 a medium-sized onion
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (If you just use 2.5 tbl of adobo sauce it’s not as spicy but with all the flavor)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cp oats
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: cheddar cheese & bacon to place in burger
- 1 large mango chopped
- 1/4 cp diced onions
- handful of cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cp diced tomatoes
1. On a hot griddle or pan roast the onions, garlic and red bell peppers.
2. Once they are soft and slightly brown remove.
3. Place in food processor the chipotle, lime juice, oats with the roasted veggies. Then add the beans and mush with a fork but don’t let the beans become mush. You want some larger pieces.
4. Add eggs, cilantro, lime and spices. Now form into patties.
5. Place a spoonful over a hot griddle on med heat. Shape them into patties. Wait until you can slide the spatula under the patty without it sticking to it. If you can’t don’t attempt to flip otherwise you will end up with a big mess. About 10 minutes on each side.
You don’t want to skip the mango salsa step because it gives the burger an amazing flavor but if you’re not into sweet and savory then place your patty on the bun with a slice of cheddar and bacon.
1. Chop your ingredients and place them in a bowl. Sprinkle salt and squeeze the juice of 1/2 the lime over it.
Layer your burger with cheddar, patty, lettuce, Mango salsa and bacon on top! Enjoy!