You’re not going to believe the secret ingredient in this healthy alfredo sauce? It’s oh so good!
I’ve been trying to make better eating choices but the temptation of thick creamy sauce over a bed of noodles cravings, makes it hard. I love pasta and I love all things creamy sauciness! But needless to say, this kind of eating doesn’t jive with my “eating better” plan, until now!
So, I discovered this amazing alfredo sauce recipe that’s much healthier and with some whole wheat noodles, I’m good to go. Nothing like enjoying my favorite comfort foods, guilt-free!
Skinny Alfredo Sauce
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups of chicken broth (I did 2.5 of chicken broth and 2.5 of water)
- 1/2 cup of milk (almond or heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooked dreamfield pasta or zoodles
1. Roast your cauliflower for about 10 minutes just until it darkens some.
2. Then place the cauliflower in your blender or food processor with 1 cup of broth. You’ll have to do this in batches. Set aside.
3. Sautee your butter and garlic then add your cauliflower sauce.
4. Add your milk.
5. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
I usually eat using the Trim healthy mama plan so I like to eat this over veggies like broccoli and Dreamfield pasta or zoodles to keep it at an S. My kids eat it with normal pasta and veggies.